Split from "I have 4 bumblebees-or do I"

Most people will listen or at least ask if they don't understand. When someone blatantly posts something as something it's not they are quickly found out and exposed. I went to the trouble of explaining the difference between MK and Peltier and this is the answer I get

LINK https://www.ebay.com/itm/174565745810?ul_noapp=true

You may fool people once or twice but after that you won't sell anything, no way you could miss identify that marble after all the trouble I went to. Even used the same pic on Ebay, come on man really :angry2: !!

I'm not trying to fool anyone,but I understand why you'd think that. That listing is older than your answer, i hadn't changed the title yet prior to learning about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Why wouldn't I use the same Pic? What I do is, since I have no idea how much they are worth, ones im unsure of I post with a high reserve (you can see that I have one on the listing itself) that won't be met, to gauge if any bids are received which should tell me about what it is worth. That's how I'm learning about marble prices. It's a good strategy if you are new

If you were to follow me on there, especially before I came here, you'd see my marble listings go through about a dozen renamings and relistings lol

13 minutes ago, chocobogreens said:

I'm not trying to fool anyone,but I understand why you'd think that. That listing is older than your answer, i hadn't changed the title yet prior to learning about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Why wouldn't I use the same Pic? What I do is, since I have no idea how much they are worth, ones im unsure of I post with a high reserve (you can see that I have one on the listing itself) that won't be met, to gauge if any bids are received which should tell me about what it is worth. That's how I'm learning about marble prices. It's a good strategy if you are new

If you were to follow me on there, especially before I came here, you'd see my marble listings go through about a dozen renamings and relistings lol

Maybe a tad more research, either forum here at MC or at AAM will give you an I.D. within a day !! people here or there won't usually tell you something misleading or "wrong" I know that if I where selling I would make double Shure of what I had before posting it for sale if I had any question as to the I.D. I would state so in the header. Great "thank you " I see the fix.

• Like 1

It's not so easy for someone starting out when you ask questions that are obvious to others. Especially when I have more than one answer! For context:  there's a marble show on the east coast, I asked the guy running it and he told me a marble is an akro. Another collector online I emailed responds that it's a vitro. Facebook groups say it's an Akro. I put it on reddit, I get messages telling me it's a vitro. I put it on here, people say it's oriental or foreign made. Marbles I ask on here im told are one thing, and if I put it on another forum im told its another. Whom should I follow? You know what never fails? Ebay bids. Ppl who buy know what they want to buy, and know what they are looking at. So I do my strategy. 

If you had an issue or a concern about something, it's usually more respectful to approach someone directly about it rather than trying to oust them on a public forum. I don't really appreciate that. 

The seller's dilemma is that its on the seller to accurately describe the lot.  Or to say that they simply don't know.

But when a $5 marble is described as a $150-175 marble - then the sellers reputation suffers.  Thats just how markets work.

I understand the conflict that you mentioned, but again.... if you have 2 or 3 conflicting IDs, you have the choice whether to list it - or wait for a better ID.  Choosing to list it described as the highest value of the 3 possibilities..... makes people wonder.

Selling at shows simplifies the process a lot.  Folks that have been in the hobby a long time have seen a lot.  Not all of it good.  There will always be heightened awareness of misidentified marbles being sold - especially when the error is significantly in the seller's financial favor.

Ebay is not a service or place to learn marbles or have marbles identified.  Your wrong identified listed marbles is right at the top of confusion on ebay with marble listings. People wrongly rely on Ebay for marble identification and to learn from. As you have done. Then they learn the wrong thing, then pass around wrong information. People bidding on your listings with high reserve, have wasted their time and effort for your benefit only. The final assumption by you may be correct or wrong. Every listing on Ebay cost them money. Nothing is free in this world. More listings and the more Ebay will charge everyone in the end. False listings or false advertisement for sales anyplace is wrong. I do not think it is a good strategy. If you really don't want to sell the marble, don't list it. If you don't know what it is just say that, the truth.  Just- A nice vintage machine made marble for sale.  Unknown manufacture or unknown origin, unknow maker. The marble with good pictures should sell itself. Not the title or company or exciting high energy words. Very few and very few marbles worth $10.00 and up ever sell for less than what they are worth on Ebay.  Some lots groups of 25 and up do contain a sleeper once in a while. On Ebay 95-99% of the vintage marbles receive their fair price. Most sell for more than they can be purchased elsewhere. People list some for 99cents and they may end up at $50.00 or $300.00 . I have bought and sold on Ebay for over 20 years. I have sold thousands of marbles there. Each and every year end, I have been happy with the sales. Some may go low but most do better than planned. But I have also never tried to mislead anyone with my auctions. Now we have seen another reason so many Ebay marble listings are so wrong. Plus giving marble collectors a bad reputation for people who use Ebay.  You are trying to fool people and have. People evidently have bid on your listings. You are fooling them into bidding. With your hopes of determining a value by their bids.  The listing is deceiving. maybe wrong and for your benefit alone.  There is NO way I think that is a good strategy.  If that is strategy ?  I have to label it selfish strategy.  Just my opinions. I try to treat people as I would like to be treated. Honestly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes that 6 dollars I had it listed up there sure significantly benefits me. Oh no, my 6 dollar marble misidentification scheme has been ousted! What a fool others must be to purchase a misidentified marble for 6 dollars that - if identified correctly could sell for hundreds apparently, and if incorrectly could sell for about... 6 dollars.. - yes I sure tried to scam someone there. 

Like, for real? Okay

Thanks for the help, I appreciate the politeness those that have been. I'll figure this stuff out on my own. And probably continue to misidentify stuff, because i have been so far, just be sure to follow me so you can snag the good ones that I brilliantly misidentify marbles for significantly less than they'd be worth. 

41 minutes ago, chocobogreens said:

Yes that 6 dollars I had it listed up there sure significantly benefits me. Oh no, my 6 dollar marble misidentification scheme has been ousted! What a fool others must be to purchase a misidentified marble for 6 dollars that - if identified correctly could sell for hundreds apparently, and if incorrectly could sell for about... 6 dollars.. - yes I sure tried to scam someone there. 

Like, for real? Okay

You're making it worse.  For no reason.

You listed a $5 MK Bumblebee as a Peltier Blue Bee.  The latter is a reasonably high value marble.  You knew that because you were told that.

You can have a fit over this and make yourself look worse - or learn from it, fix it and move on knowing more than when you started.

Its up to you.  People are watching.

I did fix it, explained it, and am now defending myself from being accused of scamming people by pointing out 6 dollars is not a scam, all of you seem to ignore that and make assumptions. None of you seem to acknowledge or care.id take a good look at yourself if that's the way you treat people that make mistakes. You go sit in your tower 

10 minutes ago, chocobogreens said:

I did fix it, explained it, and am now defending myself from being accused of scamming people by pointing out 6 dollars is not a scam, all of you seem to ignore that and make assumptions. None of you seem to acknowledge or care.id take a good look at yourself if that's the way you treat people that make mistakes. You go sit in your tower 

You didn't list it for Buy It Now price of $6.00.  So you didn't offer it for $6.  Stop trying to confuse the matter.  You offered a Peltier Blue Bee - which is why Ebay emailed me to noting that a "Peltier Blue Bee" was offered.

If you want to offer me a Peltier Blue Bee for $6. - let me know.

Screenshot_2020-12-20 .png

1 hour ago, chocobogreens said:

Unfollowed, but commenting on every post I made. Sure. You are just a dick. I hope not all marble collectors are like you. 

We have a problem.    Once you call another member a dick you have crossed a line.    I'll be discussing this situation with the site administrator.    

Problem addressed.   Thanks to everyone who kept it civil.   Glad I saw the name-calling when I did.   If I miss something like that and you don't see where the report button is, please send me a message.    (Do you see three dots at the top right corner of posts?  Hopefully you can get to the report option there.)   

• 3 weeks later...

Of all people, Ron is the last person who deserves such a comment.

Ron has only afforded his knowledge and expertise and his contributions are priceless and immeasurable to say the least to an ever growing hobby such as ours. PRICELESS!!! I tell you, PRICELESS.

P.S. I'm glad the matter has been addressed.

Now back to our regular programming.....

• 2 months later...

Glad I stumbled upon this post while surfing through the various columns on this site. Now I know for sure that I am dealing with good people here. First impressions were great for me and now seeing how a potentially avoidable problem/issue is dealt with was satisfying. Well handled. 

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...