Vitro lovers look here 🥰

Rooster

7 minutes ago, William said:

Posting them as I find them...got alot of Vitro I haven't sorted yet and am curious as to what types I do have...

I've been tempted to start a thread to see how many of the different color combos we as a community can put together, but I think it'd take a lot of work to keep track of what's posted and I don't have much appetite for trying to herd cats. lol.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've been tempted to start a thread to see how many of the different color combos we as a community can put together, but I think it'd take a lot of work to keep track of what's posted and I don't have much appetite for trying to herd cats. lol.

Rounded up these so far for determining the types...

1645886076702375131362266177254.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvrons said:

I see a nice Type Two. 

Most will be type one. Then type three, type four and type two the least. 

It's going to be fun to do here and there when time allows. Plenty more mixed containers to go through yet 😊

1 hour ago, stephenb said:

Some Vienna beauties

Boy howdy, Stephen, these are great mibs! I like the old ones with a lot of transparent glass - great examples.

I'll bet the 3rd one is a little oversized- 11/16"?

11 minutes ago, stephenb said:

Those are awesome Ric !! Very hard to find 

Thanks, Stephen. Vitros and Kokomos are about the only marbles with cut lines that I actually collect.

Better grab any of those bright Tri Lite four or five colors that you ever see any place. That was advice I got from the late Chuck Brandstetter about ten years ago, I did get one. He was correct they have disappeared. He was the most serious Vitro collector that I ever knew. They were about $30.00 each then $50.00 maybe $100.00 now, if you ever see one  ?  Chuck is missed and his wife Diane is not doing well. 

• Like 1

Ron Chuck Brandstetter was right on the mark ! once in a while I can find them cheap locally at the flea markets but the cat is out of the bag on the internet for high end Trilite types. Sorry to hear about Dianne! 

On 8/28/2021 at 8:17 PM, Gladys said:

DSC_0105.JPG

I don't think this marble got the attention it deserves, Gladys - better late than never, I guess.

To me, this looks like a weird Type III Tiger Eye, mainly because it has two same color patches on the poles while most have different colored patches. On the other hand, if you called this marble a clear-based "Anti-Whitie", I would know what you are talking about - clear-based Whities (like the one William just posted) normally have white on the poles and two same-colored ribbons around the equator, and this is the opposite of that, no doubt. 🙂