West Virginia Wednesday !!

1 hour ago, Ric said:

That's a sweet Classic, Art! Pretty sure that one has a name - an excellent example from Reno, Ohio!

Thanks Ric,

Hmm--- Reno Ohio, I have a lot to learn--lol. Wrong post I guess.

Still a killer that looks like a WVS😁.

Classic is good for me but if you come up with another name I will surely mark it as such.

Thanks and---

Marble--On!!

8 hours ago, Joe2 said:

11\16" on the Button Ric, at that size is why I thought Alley. Did Heaton produce larger marbles? 

Oh, and was Oxblood Hair fount in any of Heaton Marbles?

Edited by Joe2
Spelling

Heaton made loads with Oxblood horsehair for sure. The 11/16" size is a stretch for Heaton though, but possible. 21/32" was about the biggest their normal production ever was. Some few oddball larger ones came off the rollers but usually with cold rolls and other problems. It does look like Heaton could be the maker though.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cheese said:

Heaton made loads with Oxblood horsehair for sure. The 11/16" size is a stretch for Heaton though, but possible. 21/32" was about the biggest their normal production ever was. Some few oddball larger ones came off the rollers but usually with cold rolls and other problems. It does look like Heaton could be the maker though.

Thank you C , I will keep it as one of my WEST VIRGINIA'S still much for me to learn and enjoying every minute of it. KNUCKLEDOWN ♥️

19 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

Had this WVS for so many, many years, IDK is it an Alley or Raven and what do ya'll call it? 

Alley.jpg.67ece60412864f9cfeb10489c625e43b.jpg

First, I'd call it a really dandy marble. - I'd love to see it backlit. What size is it?

What I'd most like to call it is . . . mine. 🙂

I think it's a Ravenswood Solar Flare but it might be an Alley Exotic Coral. It's a great marble, either way.