Saw this...opinions?

William

Looks like a cluster of hits on the bottom left below the tape, the pocket ware doesn't appear all that bad. If it were wet mint w, absolutely no damage on it and 1.5" I'd consider $150.oo to $175.oo tops, but I'm a cheapskate I guess ?? Too much damage on this one for me personally, sorry William, all perspective at this point. Hopefully others will post. their opinions

27 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Looks like a cluster of hits on the bottom left below the tape, the pocket ware doesn't appear all that bad. If it were wet mint w, absolutely no damage on it and 1.5" I'd consider $150.oo to $175.oo tops, but I'm a cheapskate I guess ?? Too much damage on this one for me personally, sorry William, all perspective at this point. Hopefully others will post. their opinions

Thanks, wasn't sure what one like this in pristine condition would go for....I was going to lean on passing on it anyway but checking with the group is always a must 😊

• Award 1

3 hours ago, William said:

Some is tape, on the top, holding the tag, but it does have some wear on it. I'm sure $100 is too much considering this wear so I wanted to have a few opinions on an offer I could make this seller...if any.

The bottom left doesn't look like wear.  It looks like multiple impacts.

I'd say "walk away".  "Don't sell a marble to yourself".

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone. I've seen the great examples of the many different varieties you all have in your collections and already knew that I was pretty much going to walk away from this one. Just wanted to be sure considering that I have seen it said that there can be some forgiveness for damage or wear on some, or certain, older German marbles. I'm thinking that this vendor might be lucky to get $10-$20 for it....no matter what the other side looks like? Or probably won't sell it at all. After seeing the this side, I really didn't want to look at the other side. And yes, I wasn't close to talking myself into it, but my gal was pushing too have the call made too barter. I said no. I'm just going to go with the decision that it isn't worth much more than this one 🤣🤣🤣

16378421511935343165955980833925.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of the time I made a best offer, and I must have offended the seller because he came back with a counter offer in the thousands. I personally think he could have just not answered me. I guess I didn't know what I was looking at. And, I honestly didn't mean to offend anyone. Oh well. 🥴

I would think that sellers would at the least, appreciate an offer. 
Sadly, too many take it personally. I have made ridiculous (really way too much) offers that were just shut down without a counter offer. 
A few have been responded to in a nasty way, including face to face (or face to back turning away).
Is it really that hard to be nice or respectful? 
It is easy for me—just let it flow and of course---
Collect—On!!! 

53 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

Offer $50 ! All they can do is sit on it until it hatches if you don’t. These are definitely the Fossils of all marbles in my book. 

BC1281F9-2B4F-4DF5-B517-CD28BBD20D68.jpeg

Nice ones if you like to start to learn how to grind and polish them i would say , to keep then in you own collection when they are back "in shape"

13 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Offer $50 ! All they can do is sit on it until it hatches if you don’t. These are definitely the Fossils of all marbles in my book. 

BC1281F9-2B4F-4DF5-B517-CD28BBD20D68.jpeg

Opinion:  Its only worth $50 if there are two twenty dollar bills under those marbles.

• Like 1