Post Interesting Marble-related eBay Listings Here

8 hours ago, TravelersMibs said:

Thoughts on this? I'm not interested in buying, it just seems outlandish. 

Screenshot_20220805-024019_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-024030_eBay.jpg

Interesting question ... how much should one expect to have to pay to get a Vitro confetti into one's collection if not gifted it?

I don't know. 

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, Al Oregon said:

I have 4 of the Perfect Circle ones - 2 with various shooters and two with variety like this.  I have them in my fantasy/new folder.  I also have one of the Tournament Champions bags.  Since they have a variety of marbles, mostly, if not all, newer - they are newer bags trying to look older with the one color printing, etc.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:19 AM, akroorka said:

Thanks Al, Your insight with these is much appreciated. The seller got back to me with images of the backs and they are the same as the fronts.

They did catch my eye but not my pocketbook😁.

Marble--On!!

I grabbed em for the 10 bucks....lol

A perfect circle is one of my favorite rock bands.....🤣🤣

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, akroorka said:

I just came across this one--Tell us what you think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165616627809?hash=item268f853061:g:JYkAAOSwMEZi8HEw

Marble--On!!

Peltier Superman IMO, when they get that big the NLR construction can get pretty wacked out.  Definitely not Christensen and I'm 99% sure it's not a Vacor serpent either.

So, what is so special about this marble that 13 people are watching it and it's up to $22.50 so far? I have a few of the same marble. I thin it's the same, but the photos are so bad on the listing that I can't be sure.  Here's the listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394199613020?hash=item5bc820be5c:g:BnoAAOSw~1pi9wrC

These photos are of two of the ones that I have - are they the same marble?

0S7A4510.JPG

0S7A4511.JPG

0S7A4516.JPG

34 minutes ago, Leigh said:

So, what is so special about this marble that 13 people are watching it and it's up to $22.50 so far? I have a few of the same marble. I thin it's the same, but the photos are so bad on the listing that I can't be sure.  Here's the listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394199613020?hash=item5bc820be5c:g:BnoAAOSw~1pi9wrC

These photos are of two of the ones that I have - are they the same marble?

0S7A4510.JPG

0S7A4511.JPG

0S7A4516.JPG

That listing seems off to me.  The photos are terrible and you can't really tell the condition!  They clearly don't know what they have nor even try to as they list like 11 companies!!  For all we know, those are shill bids.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ann said:

It`s the same, but people pay a premium for the really swirly ones.

Thanks! I am debating on whether I should just keep one of each kind and then sell the other to help pay for this addiction of mine! I thought it would be great to collect marbles because they are so small and wouldn't take up too much room, but nothing could be further from the truth! :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Thanks! I am debating on whether I should just keep one of each kind and then sell the other to help pay for this addiction of mine! I thought it would be great to collect marbles because they are so small and wouldn't take up too much room, but nothing could be further from the truth! :)

Oh, I made the same declaration!  "I can collect them because they don't take up much space!"  That is when they were in a large Mason jar on the shelf.  Now I have the entire dining room table covered with display boxes of one kind or another!!!  Except where I eat breakfast and one case is slanted toward me so I can look at it.  I rotate that one with others. 

Early on, I received just that suggestion from a long time collector.  Buy 3, sell 2 off and get the one for free.  Sometimes you may have to wait a while for prices to adjust.  I keep saying I am going to sell off some of my 30 Popeyes, all mint condition, but I have had them to short to part with them.  Same with my Peltier Peerless Patches.  What is a boy to do???

3 minutes ago, chicagocyclist said:

Oh, I made the same declaration!  "I can collect them because they don't take up much space!"  That is when they were in a large Mason jar on the shelf.  Now I have the entire dining room table covered with display boxes of one kind or another!!!  Except where I eat breakfast and one case is slanted toward me so I can look at it.  I rotate that one with others. 

Early on, I received just that suggestion from a long time collector.  Buy 3, sell 2 off and get the one for free.  Sometimes you may have to wait a while for prices to adjust.  I keep saying I am going to sell off some of my 30 Popeyes, all mint condition, but I have had them to short to part with them.  Same with my Peltier Peerless Patches.  What is a boy to do???

I don't have many Popeyes, but would have a hard time parting with any of them. I think I may just start to keep the really good stuff that I have and sell the rest or the stuff that really doesn't do anything for me - like Vitro Patches or just a regular Akro Corkscrew. 

It truly is an addiction though - when I'm on the phone with people they can always hear me playing around the marbles and can tell that I'm totally distracted. Oh well... many more worse addictions out there! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leigh said:

I don't have many Popeyes, but would have a hard time parting with any of them. I think I may just start to keep the really good stuff that I have and sell the rest or the stuff that really doesn't do anything for me - like Vitro Patches or just a regular Akro Corkscrew. 

It truly is an addiction though - when I'm on the phone with people they can always hear me playing around the marbles and can tell that I'm totally distracted. Oh well... many more worse addictions out there! 

I'm a new collector, started in mid-December so I haven't purchased anything that I don't love.  That's the whole problem: I like everything that I have!!!

• Haha 1

When I started to collect, I had the same problem.  Worse, because I liked all kinds: old German swirls (what I started with), micas, chinas and clays, handgathered, vintage machine mades, Jabo special runs, handmade contemporary. Awful.  I finally settled on two restrictions (I had to impose some.) One was the same as chicagocyclist - just the pretty ones that I loved - the other was size. I decided I wouldn`t buy anything that couldn`t be used in play - marbles, no orbs, globes, those huge German oldies, huge contemporaries, etc. Nothing bigger than 1 1/16" The contemporaries were particularly hard; so many artists rarely worked that small. Took me four years to get 4 James Alloway marbles. But I had to stop somewhere!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

37 minutes ago, chicagocyclist said:

Totally a new box.  I've seen them referred to as Fantasy Boxes.  You can buy them readily, I've seen them for about 25 bucks on eBay.  there's even a supplier who will custom print different things on it or offers different marble names on it like Master, etc.

The box you're showing is 3D printed (plastic) - no mistaking it for an original. And the seller clearly states it is a fantasy box. The seller of the box Art is referencing simply doesn't state that it's original, probably hoping that someone will think it is, and will bid accordingly.

• Award 1

1 hour ago, Ric said:

The seller of the box Art is referencing simply doesn't state that it's original, probably hoping that someone will think it is, and will bid accordingly.

The purple and red corks are not a common Akro, which kinda blows my mind. 
I only hope that is what the bidders are going for.
The box is a good and not a common fake. But it is a fake.---just sayin!
Yes, I will call it out for sure. I have been around boxes too long to back down on this one.
Marble—On!!

• Award 1

I agree about the box being a fantasy job. And can anyone really imagine Akro putting 4 rows of one kind of cork and one row of another in one of their original boxes? I hope the purple/red corks are what they`re going for too - if not, somebody`s gonna get burned . . . 

52 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Some real winners & some losers, better know what yer lookin @ before ya bid, the bids are high on a couple nice HTF pelts & coming up on some lookalike's , buyer beware for sure. A good marble will always sell itself, unfortunately for the unwary, so will a bad one.