Akro Friday

This one is done. 
I may make some improvements with the marbles but I would prefer to keep the box as is. Enough is enough and you have to know when to back-off. 
The box was pretty rough and I did my best to get it back to square and plumb. 
The two middle rows were the hardest to find—try to find a white on black Akro cork—it sounds easy—not so. I had to back fill about 55% of the marbles and went with what I had received in the box.
On to the next—I should have kept before and after images and the years involved. Oh well it took some time is all that I can say—What fun it was!!
Marble—On!!

PA210098 (2).JPG

PA210105 (2).JPG

PA210108 (2).JPG

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Award 4

37 minutes ago, akroorka said:

This one is done. 
I may make some improvements with the marbles but I would prefer to keep the box as is. Enough is enough and you have to know when to back-off. 
The two middle rows were the hardest to find—try to find a white on black Akro cork—it sounds easy—not so. I had to back fill about 55% of the marbles and went with what I had received in the box.
On to the next—I should have kept before and after images and the years involved. Oh well it took some time is all that I can say—What fun it was!!
Marble—On!!

PA210098 (2).JPG

PA210105 (2).JPG

PA210108 (2).JPG

Stunning!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

This one is done. 
Marble—On!!

PA210098 (2).JPG

PA210105 (2).JPG

PA210108 (2).JPG

Amazing!!! that is just incredible!! way to go Art♥ congratulations!!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akroorka said:

This one is done. 
Marble—On!!

PA210098 (2).JPG

PA210105 (2).JPG

PA210108 (2).JPG

I admire your dedication to the preservation of these boxes...what an amazing accomplishment to fill that beautiful box of amazing Akro awesomeness....

Thanks Art. 👏☝️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Oops, number zero--so 5/8":rolleyes:.

Marble--On!!

oh duh it says that on the side of the box sorry--love those colors. Those completed boxes would look really nice displayed in one of those curio coffee tables. 💎

34 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

curio coffee tables

Excellent Idea!!
The duh is on me—I was in the process of adding the size to my post when you posted. 
I know that you are new and I have to make adjustments as necessary—my bad—not yours.
Most of the older boxes with a variety of makers will post the numbered size vs. the fraction. This is good knowledge to have because usually the bigger the better. The sizes were pretty consistant with all of the older sellers--(as far as I remem😴ber)
No one that I know of sells them this way (I kinda wish they would)—it is just the way that it was—back when.
Marble—On!!

57 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Excellent Idea!!
The duh is on me—I was in the process of adding the size to my post when you posted. 
I know that you are new and I have to make adjustments as necessary—my bad—not yours.
Most of the older boxes with a variety of makers will post the numbered size vs. the fraction. This is good knowledge to have because usually the bigger the better. The sizes were pretty consistant with all of the older sellers--(as far as I remem😴ber)
No one that I know of sells them this way (I kinda wish they would)—it is just the way that it was—back when.
Marble—On!!

all good intel thx I still have to look up the fraction conversion lol and I also think that sizing config would be preferable--keeps it simple... The real question is: will you start another box?

13 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

will you start another box?

I have about 20-30 boxes in the process right now. One at a time--get bored and try the next.

You know--"Idle Hands are the Darksides Workshop". I prefer the Lightside:wub:.

Marble--On!!

Darkside.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 10/22/2022 at 10:23 PM, akroorka said:

If I ever chose a new profile image--this would be it.

If only I could be a Jedi marble identifier--not even close--I will stick with the little post boy hat for now.

Marble--On!!

Every time i use my Jedi eye and skills the same little guy keeps comming back with the same words every time 😅

tenor-1-1.gif

• Haha 4