Akro Friday

18 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

An old photo of some of the Hand-gathered Akros I managed to get when diggers dumped them on Ebay,😋 claiming they are M.F. Christensen. 😏

Opps, forgot the photo:

1641729423_AkroHand-Gathereddug-upgroup2004-5.thumb.jpg.5f5f71ae8b3a4ad4b0877788835aeef9.jpg

Nice there is a few in there that would need more pic’s to convince some collectors that there not MFC ,but I’ve got a few Akro with the nice 9 so I’m on board with all of them Akro 

16 hours ago, akroorka said:

Here is a non identical twin to the one that I posted in “Oxblood August it Almost Rhymes”. One inch and quite nice.
It is just lacking in the Oxblood coverage(oxblood always does what it wants to)—I love it just the same and it will be together with its twin in a box for a long—long  time. 
Funny how these things will stay together over the years just like family. They came with two big cats and two big solids—not related in the least (the solids could be Akro😁).
Backfill boxes—On!!

OX final.jpg

Good thing you know your Akro’s Art. It almost looks like a non USA mib 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave 13 said:

Nice there is a few in there that would need more pic’s to convince some collectors that there not MFC ,but I’ve got a few Akro with the nice 9 so I’m on board with all of them Akro 

Yeah Dave, There's a lot more about these then meet the eye in photos. Including, you are not always going to find the 9-spiral hiding in it. I mean, it's always there, but a few opaques may be tight, tiny, covered over or hard to understand where and why, etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mibcapper said:

..................  multi- talented akro agate   ..... :clap2:     bill   

DSC02019.JPG

The top one's sweet for sure, Bill. But I really like the orange peel on those big ones!

3 hours ago, Ric said:

The top one's sweet for sure, Bill. But I really like the orange peel on those big ones!

yep ric .... shouda grabbed more from roger when i had the chance ....... when ya snooze ... :computer-22: