Akro Friday

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Thank you Art! I like to see those washed out green ones !! 

Here you go Gladys, some washed out Popeye’s.
I got these in the same lot on a day that I will never forget. I placed a bid early on 9/11 and forgot about them for a few days. Marbles were not on my mind that day but life went on and there they came.
I figure with both the reds and the greens washed out like they were --- that they may have been a later run of Popeye’s—not near as vibrant as the originals. These are just my thoughts.
I had some blue and yellow that looked pretty “normal” and a red white and blue that I will always cherish that came in the same lot.
Lots of Popeye’s on a very bad day but life does go on!
Marble On!!!
 And respect to all of those that lost their lives and loved ones on 9/11.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

• Award 2

33 minutes ago, akroorka said:

I got these in the same lot on a day that I will never forget. I placed a bid early on 9/11 and forgot about them for a few days. Marbles were not on my mind that day but life went on and there they came.
I figure with both the reds and the greens washed out like they were --- that they may have been a later run of Popeye’s—not near as vibrant as the originals. These are just my thoughts.
I had some blue and yellow that looked pretty “normal” and a red white and blue that I will always cherish that came in the same lot.
Marble On!!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Another Killer group Art👍 it’s cool when I see two collectors with similar mibs 

• Like 1

Yes, this is an Akro corkscrew—not a slag, WVS or any other.
One image looks like it has a signature---eyelashes that look to say AA to me—😍.
This one is 5/8” and would be a hard ID for those new to the hobby/addiction and I do not blame them for selling it so cheap in the lot that it came with---😘.
The last set of images is for @Fire1981.:Panic:
Backlight them all and hit them with some UV while you are at it—you just never know until you do.

Marble--On!!

Yes 1.jpg

Yes 2.jpg

Yes 3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Award 1

Took the wife antiquing today.  Found those along the way.  Most are 11/16 with exception of top which is 13/16.  That one also fluoresces .  I have suspicions of whether the two below the larger one are actually Akro - one is definitely a patch the other is a sloppy cork for lack of better word.  Ringers or Popeyes???

I also picked up an Akro urn and a thumb pot.

i don’t usually pick up beer trays but loved the graphics on this Miller and it’ll go with the tip tray I have.

9879A618-A4D8-4180-97A4-6757E4CAA158.jpeg

EEFAA416-25E2-4A4B-B744-B5083F10A4BA.jpeg

377D0CD3-EA4F-47DB-8AE8-CD888FCF7BB5.jpeg

98885D1E-DE38-49CB-A56B-CE829BB0BC90.jpeg

8E1F460F-30C5-4782-AFC2-12F99C0C51F8.jpeg

F0C02BC0-BA69-450F-B84E-715537FF8ADF.jpeg

D8AAF11B-B96E-469A-8986-AFA819DA6D22.jpeg

2EA46D3D-68F9-4E06-8129-F604251E83D5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

16 minutes ago, akroorka said:

This one is an Akro Cornelian.

The rest may just be "Ringers" or "Imperials"
The thumb pot may be Alley—or Akro—nice find regardless.
Marble—On!!

Thanks! Still a learnin — 

As far as the Thumb pot I seem to remember reading if Braun & Corwin on bottom it was Alley.  This one has has it.  A lot of words for a tiny pot lol. 

DEAB5B10-3EF8-44FB-9710-288593AC5EF6.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

Marble On!!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

wow those are beautiful! Thank you for posting them!!

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

Yes, this is an Akro corkscrew—not a slag, WVS or any other.
One image looks like it has a signature---eyelashes that look to say AA to me—😍.
This one is 5/8” and would be a hard ID for those new to the hobby/addiction and I do not blame them for selling it so cheap in the lot that it came with---😘.
The last set of images is for @Fire1981.:Panic:
Backlight them all and hit them with some UV while you are at it—you just never know until you do.

Marble--On!!

Yes 1.jpg

Yes 2.jpg

Yes 3.jpg

OOH! very cool♥

• Like 1