Akro Friday

IDK, I guess you could call this Coke bottle transparent green and oxblood an 'Experiential'?

It's a Akro dug-up and I've never seen another like or remotely close to it. 

Photographing it is/was a pain, because it looks like there's a black line bordering the yellow; 2nd photo but it's brown, like tan-ish and not the oxblood blending. . Yet as it blends into the yellow it's as if its black bleeding in it,  there's no brown tones in the yellow rather, black-ish. Go figure?. ( Dang, I use to be pretty good making photos, sigh.)

Got a twist which makes a tunnel you can see right through. 2nd photo. Maybe it wanted to be a corkscrew, but it's more of a fold with a  twist. 

Just shy of 7/8" at 25/32"

1812292542_Akro2532ndCokebottlegreenoxblodyellowblendtodark.dugup.JPG.717c6c8e6e931a65cd62c6b95ad63147.JPG

843171979_03Akro2532ndCokebottlegreenoxblodyellowblendtodark.dugup.JPG.b66ff71165ff2e708fc82c7684609268.JPG

378799234_02Akro2532ndCokebottlegreenoxblodyellowblendtodark.dugup.JPG.9bf0835ff518625e7a86d8fc84175e89.JPG

• Like 3

On 12/16/2022 at 3:34 PM, akroorka said:

Here is a nice Akro ashtray with some unsorted corks.
I just love-em.
This type of ashtray is a heavy puppy at ½ lb—that is a lot of marbles. The corks are not too shabby either.
I have some sorting to do----
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Very cool 😎!!

Akro Dug-up Snake that defied Barker's limits to the extent, with solid color, it would be a killer flame too.

Difficult to visualize in just a photo; This big Ol 'shooter has 7 full twists or spins which just happens to be the common equivalent of most multiple tipped flames. See added image of CAC flame and spin count below this magical wonder.

akro7twistcorksnake.jpg.91032728444cd11e40290f751210138f.jpg

yelloworangesnake.jpg.bf996b5c90abf5895a0b85d94e43460a.jpg

Disclaimer: At the time I made this, 20 years ago the spin count seemed not so random as it appears but rather, to find and be able to create Flames with a spinning cup was never purposely done. Moreover, it's simply coincidence that the stream, out of a nozzle is small enough for the glass to lay on a gathering cup and pile as it oozes out a nozzle... Thicker the stream can produce 3 tips, thin you may find 7 tips and more.

cayellowrednwhiteflameillistration.jpg.b4a2e6a8b5a2201862724934298dc626.jpg

• Like 1
  • Award 1

4 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

Disclaimer: At the time I made this, 20 years ago the spin count seemed not so random as it appears but rather, to find and be able to create Flames with a spinning cup was never purposely done. Moreover, it's simply coincidence that the stream, out of a nozzle is small enough for the glass to lay on a gathering cup and pile as it oozes out a nozzle... Thicker the stream can produce 3 tips, thin you may find 7 tips and more.

There is a group of people interested in the vintage manufacturing process of marbles and specifically the glass.  There was a rather deep study a few years ago of the dynamics of glass in liquid form and how it behaves in a glass tank.  I think you'll find that glass flow in the tank is responsible for the flow you describe resulting in that flame-line pattern, instead of it oozing out of the tank and "piling up".  Some of those dynamics will be influenced by the condition/age of the tank interior, and possibly some weather conditions.

• Like 2