Found Anything Curious Lately?

ann

Recently stumbled across these "marble beads." From a seller in Spain who thought they were Italian (Venetian, I assume). They arrived yesterday and are a little stranger than I thought. Some seem to have very thin flakes of mother-of-pearl in them, but I'm pretty sure it's some trick of the glass. Anyhow, they're sort of like crazed cat's-eyes!

post-2163-0-32944900-1432854578_thumb.jp

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks very nice Ann,you going to wear it,and how old do you think it is?

The Last time I'm not so lucky in finding marbles,I almost got crotchety LOL(or is it not a good use of the word?) anyway it's a funny word.

A few days ago I found this cat's eye type,it has very small lines on the surface,it's the only one I've seen sofar.

caged%20Large_zpswipnxetk.jpg

I like that Winnie! New to me, too. Looks like they were going for a "banded solid core!"

No clue about the age of the crazy beads. Am angling now for some more strange "confetti-marble-like" ones I'd love to put together with these. I have a feeling they all may be from the 1930s, but that's based on virtually nothing except style. And not very convincingly on that. I also have a hunch they may be Czech (or even Chinese) rather than Italian, but that ain't based on anything either. Whee!

Calling all Peltheads: Anybody have a notion of when Pelt might have first started making / experimenting with "cross-throughs" and/or fruit salads, or whatever they're properly called?

I LOVE those claw feet, although it is kind of curious that they would allow such bubbles in the marbles they are using for the furniture.

It seems like that would compromise the stability of it somehow.

Claw feet are my favorite furniture feature. Thanks for sharing :)

Nice van, I will be looking for that, I like cars too. The more I look at these I don't know if Akro? ,Vitro?, ? .I had a box of corks and I took all the patch marbles out. Many are opalescent three in the first row are opaque with transparent blue patch,the one in the middle pic is loaded with blue aventurine in the blue, is that different? Did Akro or Vitro make anything like these.

post-1768-0-33066400-1434307973_thumb.jp

post-1768-0-49218200-1434308036_thumb.jp

post-1768-0-94789300-1434308140_thumb.jp

Thanks Steph ,I guess the blue color and aventurine were making me think something else. I have had aventurine in my Akro agates before in a different color combo and they all came from the same box so Akro works for me.

post-1768-0-41866300-1434315372_thumb.jp

post-1768-0-98785800-1434315401_thumb.jp

I have never seen any like these before, so I put them aside thinking they were a little weird. I did have somewhat of an educated guess so they ended up with a certain type of marble. Based on what you can see in the pics does anyone else want to take a shot at where they ended up? The other day I found another group that might help to sort out what these are. I will post those later. These marbles are in the 5/8" range, just a hair over.

post-218-0-86259700-1434380106_thumb.jpg

post-218-0-74880400-1434380121_thumb.jpg

I have never seen any like these before, so I put them aside thinking they were a little weird. I did have somewhat of an educated guess so they ended up with a certain type of marble. Based on what you can see in the pics does anyone else want to take a shot at where they ended up? The other day I found another group that might help to sort out what these are. I will post those later. These marbles are in the 5/8" range, just a hair over.

Maybe peltier root beer floats?