Revisted id help

DINDO

I don't mind. I like revisiting mysterious marbles.

1.83 inches.  

I wasn't sure what we said about it before, but when I did the size conversion, I became fairly sure what we would have said.  At that size I can only think of one option.   

I could hope it was some super rare dug Akro, but that is huge, so it leaves me with only one practical choice.  

( @Alan, it's not some super rare dug Akro, is it? ) 

It sure looks Akro/Master, more Akro with those seams or cuts. But that size is just crazy for anything USA machine made and even extreme at 1.63 inches for any machine made.  Akro and Master made 7/8 and one inch.  Akro, Alley, MK, Vitro all made some over one inch but no where near 1.63 inches, round and smooth.  At 1 1/2 inch and over is handmades vintage or contemporary. At 1 1/2 inch that would be one huge set of machine rolls. It would take four hours running to get heat built up in the rolls. At Jabo with the 7/8 size machine it would take at least one hour or most times two hours of making junk to get the rolls hot to make a round marble and they would have roll marks. The largest set of rolls which I have heard of is 1 1/4 inch. 

The size though puts reasonable doubt upon identification. Rightly so. As there  has been no past specimens of this size in regards to American machine mades. And as pointed out it would be very difficult or next to impossible to produce.

If we were to remove the size. Almost everyone would agree. Its either Akro or Master. I can say  with it in my hands. Ìt would have to be a machine made. Saying that, i do not have a  fraction of many people's knowledge here.

I think i need to have this looked at hands on. I wish i was regionally closer to many of yous.If there is any marble experts in the Montreal,Ottawa,Kingston region. I could travel to. Feel free to msg me

Also if anyone wants full non cropped or resized photos . Msg me here with your email. I will send them

I dont hope for the impossible. But i think this marble deserves further investigation. 

Still a burnt Vacor Sunset.  This pic from your first i.d request shows a light "orange peel" surface and typical wrinkles on larger Vacor. The fact you are from southern Ontario, a mecca for big Vacor marbles is another contributor. Finally as I said before I have seen these before. Not with as much brown as yours though.

vacor.jpg

It is in the wheel house size of Vacor.  Thats for sure. Just the blue and purple,green in it. The surface part is not brushed i dont think. The dark parts are purple running through it not sure i see brown. Alas though you seen them before and know its Vacor that indeed closes the case. I had a dream last month to throw this particular marble in the ocean  wich is odd because its a 13hr drive from eastern ont.