West Virginia Wednesday !!

:party-243: well there goes my  thoughts of having a mib named by Bill thanks for letting me know chuck i just seen the little bit of pink in mine and jumped the gun guess i should of looked up were the named ones come from i was thinking they were St Mary’s thanks again one of the fun things about the hobby always learning something new 

13 hours ago, cheese said:

I remember that red cloud moment Chad. I still don't have one. I think they must be a bit harder to find.

Here's my contribution for the day, a few hours late EST. 

Pink on brown Sistersville Alley. 

Copy of Presentation – Untitled Design - 2021-12-01T235701.303.jpg

A few hours late is OK with this one---Love it👌.

Marble--On!!!

9 hours ago, Dave 13 said:

:party-243: well there goes my  thoughts of having a mib named by Bill thanks for letting me know chuck i just seen the little bit of pink in mine and jumped the gun guess i should of looked up were the named ones come from i was thinking they were St Mary’s thanks again one of the fun things about the hobby always learning something new 

A little pink came from all the Alley sites. Always something interesting with marbles!

On 11/24/2021 at 12:49 PM, akroorka said:

Here is a dandy at 5/8”. Alley Agate?

I am thinking that it must have come from some place in the Vintage Marble Capitol of the World—West Virginia.

This marble has a semi-opaque Brownish base glass with light Turquoise striping/swirls.

Hard light will not show trough the marble but it will at the edges. The striping/swirls go quite deep and throughout.

Marble—On!!!

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

AMAZING♥

• Like 1
  • Award 1

image.png.239a3ff61855a961f7dbe022bed947e6.png  "Happy West Virginia Wednesday"          image.png.b8e6f167fb5f63d8cb042d6afaf31d20.png           

Three different views & lighting set ups for the same marble. First indoors, second in normal Daylight and third backlit. I know it kinda resembles a pull but the pitting and chunks of excess oven brick give the glass a very close resemblance to that of an Alley Green Giant minus the av give it an Alley swirl I.D. I posted it for positive I.D. and the unanimous decision came back Alley as well. Oops !! almost forgot, comes in at just barely over 7/8ths of an inch.      image.png.5d974c1a8989c5374ad1fbc2e6acfa1f.png      image.png.8bcd5d8e73264eb576d2e3b2e589441a.png

image.png.831cfb6a188a17a06026df7ea5f2824b.png

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Chad G. said:

image.png.239a3ff61855a961f7dbe022bed947e6.png  "Happy West Virginia Wednesday"          image.png.b8e6f167fb5f63d8cb042d6afaf31d20.png           

Three different views & lighting set ups for the same marble. First indoors, second in normal Daylight and third backlit. I know it kinda resembles a pull but the pitting and chunks of excess oven brick give the glass a very close resemblance to that of an Alley Green Giant minus the av give it an Alley swirl I.D. I posted it for positive I.D. and the unanimous decision came back Alley as well. Oops !! almost forgot, comes in at just barely over 7/8ths of an inch.      image.png.5d974c1a8989c5374ad1fbc2e6acfa1f.png      image.png.8bcd5d8e73264eb576d2e3b2e589441a.png

image.png.831cfb6a188a17a06026df7ea5f2824b.png

You have great instinct Chad.

I would start comparing this one to more Veliglas marbles and form my own opinion. I think that you know what it really is and I support that.

Marble--On!!

Hello to all of you WV Wednesday marble lovers. I just felt like posting three today, it could be the weather. (Yes, I had to shovel snow today)
The first is 7/8” a bit beat up but no apologies. This is the only one that I have seen. Alley?
The second one is 5/8”.It looks like it wants to glow under UV but it does not. Ravenswood?
The third one—well---just a killer marble. 9/16” No guess or ID from me on this one.
As always, any and all opinions are appreciated, from any and all.
Marble—On!!

Three today 1.jpg

Three today 2.jpg

Three today 3one.jpg

Three today 3two.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

Hello to all of you WV Wednesday marble lovers. I just felt like posting three today, it could be the weather. (Yes, I had to shovel snow today)
The first is 7/8” a bit beat up but no apologies. This is the only one that I have seen. Alley?
The second one is 5/8”.It looks like it wants to glow under UV but it does not. Ravenswood?
The third one—well---just a killer marble. 9/16” No guess or ID from me on this one.
As always, any and all opinions are appreciated, from any and all.
Marble—On!!

Three today 1.jpg

Three today 2.jpg

Three today 3one.jpg

Three today 3two.jpg

"I think" # 3 is Alley also Art ??

• Award 1

Thanks Chad,

When you only have one to compare with none it is just a hard thing.

What do you think about #2.

WV swirls are not an easy thing for me to ID. I know one when I see one but to ID to a specific company is a rough one for me.

Marble--On!!!

34 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

Thx Art yes it’s my best vitro at the moment love the snow white on your last mib you posted that’s a nice colour combo together 

Dave,

You are near the top with that Vitro. It is a very nice one.

A great "best". (worthy of the "Your Sunday Best" post for sure)

Marble-On!!

• Award 1