Akro Friday

15 hours ago, Tommy said:

Added a few new shooters to the Akro collection 👍

Patriot or Liberty, There are not a whole lot of collector named Akro corks. The Akro company did well with that--naming.

Nice marbles regardless of the nickname.

Marble--On!!

16 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Patriot or Liberty, There are not a whole lot of collector named Akro corks. The Akro company did well with that--naming.

Nice marbles regardless of the nickname.

Marble--On!!

Thank Art. So these have a given name from Akro....👍

59 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Thank Art. So these have a given name from Akro....👍

No,
These are collectors names Tommy. I am sure that you can see why.
I am not a name guy; to me these are really nice three color Corkscrews. They may have a company name but like I said--not a name guy. I just like them all. 
Three colored corks are not an easy find, let alone four of them. These may have been in a tin box—all together. The 200 tin and the 150 tin both carried four ¾” marbles as did the cardboard versions. 
They always varied in size—I would call them ¾” as they would have been sorted by the factory.
To find four together is a great thing in my world.

As an addition or edit to this answer--these three colored Akros were marketed as Ace Agates.
Marble--On!!

27 minutes ago, akroorka said:

No,
These are collectors names Tommy. I am sure that you can see why.
I am not a name guy; to me these are really nice three color Corkscrews. They may have a company name but like I said--not a name guy. I just like them all. 
Three colored corks are not an easy find, let alone four of them. These may have been in a tin box—all together. The 200 tin and the 150 tin both carried four ¾” marbles as did the cardboard versions. 
They always varied in size—I would call them ¾” as they would have been sorted by the factory.
To find four together is a great thing in my world.
Marble--On!!

Thanks for the info man ....maybe some day I'll find a tin box to start filling....lol

Just now, Tommy said:

Thanks for the info man ....maybe some day I'll find a tin box to start filling....lol

Good luck my man---The first one that I ever saw went for over $100 30 years ago---My wife said--STOP---The prices on these are just soaring.

Oh well!!

40 minutes ago, Dave 13 said:

Hi Ric thanks ,yes the base is red also on it . I will post a non back lite pic after work 

Nice, Dave, that makes it pretty unusual IMO.

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

I like this kind of Akro..were these pre corkscrew. Or are they in the same "family" or style of like the eggyolk ox and or cornilean🤔

Nice mibs, Tommy. I think the left is an oddball corkscrew. But Akro made many patches and corks with the same color combos. The Carnelian looks like it has the additional color yellow, which is unusual. Does it glow?

15 minutes ago, William said:

Happy Akro Friday 

From last fall's harvest 😊

20210806_141558.jpg

Hey William, I thought Tomatoes were Vitros!

Nice hand vase - I have a matched pair just like it.

• Haha 2