Akro Friday

These two are from the collection of Roger Hardy, the KING of Akro Marbles.
Both are 7/8”
They are known as “Experimental”, they were considered as “discards’”----and usually came from dig sites
How do I know?????-----I purchased them from a very, very, respected collector---------No Doubts!!!
Marble—On!!!

P4290004 (2).JPG

P4290010 (2).JPG

• Wow 1
  • Award 1

8 minutes ago, mibcapper said:

no ... no ............no ........ they are ..... NOT ............ BILL .............. this 1 did come from roger's hand. at his antique store in clarksburg .............. 

akro .. rare .. lunchbox.jpg

Nice mib is it a biggie..

43 minutes ago, akroorka said:

These two are from the collection of Roger Hardy, the KING of Akro Marbles.
Both are 7/8”
They are known as “Lunch Box Marbles”. These were brought home by employees at the time of production, they were considered as “discards’”----some employees did not agree (I did the same but it was usually toilet paper—LOL)
How do I know?????-----I purchased them from a very, very, respected collector---------No Doubts!!!
Marble—On!!!

P4290004 (2).JPG

P4290010 (2).JPG

That is so cool!!!  Thank you for sharing that! I always wonder the stories behind them each and everyone amazing!

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

That is so cool!!!  Thank you for sharing that! I always wonder the stories behind them each and everyone amazing!

Thanks Gladys,

I have been corrected on the lunchbox thing and I have changed my ID of the marbles---They are Akro, they did come from Roger Hardy--just a non regular--very nice pair of "Experimentals"(dug marbles).

Marble--On and learn on as well!!

• Like 1