Akro Friday

On 3/18/2023 at 7:34 PM, Ric said:

Here's a sample from Sistersville for comparison . . .

RicA0029.jpg.a483f3a5ee8d2f65eccf7ae05a166345.jpg

Wait, what; Clifford and Debbie White alias: 'kolieclify' and 'Cliffy' who I bought it from, more than 20 years ago,, did not dug mine in 2001-2 at Akro as they claimed? How am I not surprised. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Heck, I can't find mine currently however, it is more like Oxblood than yours, yet it's close enough to call a match, 'Alley at Sisterville' dig site, obviously long before anybody dug there. Those two clowns never fail to surprise. On the bright side; at least it's mint. Thanks for the photo Ric.

I did some research on this one before I purchased it. The Box is right, the marbles are right, the box—well, I did find at least one of them as Jobber boxes in my research. 
The inserts have a ten digit phone number on them—What??
Please sellers out there—get it right and fool me well—or not at all.
This one—although I do like it—will always give me a bad taste in my mouth. The marbles at today’s prices paid off as an investment. I collect and do not invest. The inserts will stay in this one for future collectors to think about.
Maybe the inserts were missing?—I doubt it.
Live and learn—the books are not always right.
Marble—On!!

P3310006.JPG

P3310009.JPG

P3310012.JPG

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I jumped on these thinking that the patch was a Peewee and the rest were 11/16”.

No size was given and I have seen plenty of these—the price was right after I gave an offer.

I am not a “big money” buyer but for just over six dollars apiece, including shipping—I went for it.

Akro corks are out of my bidding life on E-bay and that is why I am collecting Vacor’s now—they really take some sorting for me to be able to afford them as well.

I jumped on this auction and was very surprised when they arrived. The patch is 13/16”(that is a very big Patch imho) and the biggest Corkscrew is 1”. They may be dug marbles but they are as close to mint as I require.

I would have flipped over these 30 years ago at this price! I know right where they are going---In a box. The one inch marble?—on a pedestal, they are not too common-for me at least. The patches commonly appeared with corks of the same colors in boxes, no problem there.

They are still out there---Just keep searching and be patient. (Luck counts to this day—lol) I still get lucky!—once in awhile.

For a guy in a small town in Wisconsin—this is just a killer find—just killer.

This kind of find keeps me going—searching!!

Marble—On!!

What one.JPG

What two.JPG

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • Award 1

image.png.648bcf8562e3315f0d0f0b1a62c9c698.png  

Some transparent base glass for this "Akro Friday" did I forget to mention this is also "Good Friday"                                                                                                    🙏  

image.png.8991910ad7d37802ea8b25e0617ef413.png

image.png.12a05c00e36e0d8541774f7a30c98d00.png

image.png.22186a1859889cd788cdab41a24e5322.png

image.png.173e9d823752ad2f7b31ffc82243a9ba.png

image.png.b35c27aa7035fa5c8707a88ea58a700b.png

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Award 1