O/t- Need Thoughts And Prayers Please

John, In this new world of law suites and CYA it is always easiest to just play the game and do what they ask you to do. Don't take it personal. With all the bureaucratic BS every one has to follow these days someone is probably just covering their ass. If you can just assume someone would loose their job and livelihood if they don't do things right it may make it easier on you. Don't fight just go with the flow.. No one is picking on you. your just a victim of your own circumstances.

Galen,

It's less CYA than making big money by denying patients health care.

Watch "sicko".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicko

Hansel

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wishing you the best BigJohn. Keep up the fight,every day hopefully something will move forward for you. I had surgery last tuesday,home again healing. It is no fun but better than the alternatives. I was lucky my whole process has went smooth so far.

Thats ok, trust me ive been trying to go the easy route my whole life,, its just easier,, but its got me no where,, im almost believing in the term natural selection,, these words are meaning more to me than before for some reason. I contribute absolutely nothing to society per say and i normally would think its just par for the course and move on, but im at the point right now where its no way to live. i tried to get on medicaid 10+ yrs ago when i got disabled, had it ,but lost it due to the Bush "we wont cut medicaid" term, well he didnt cut medicaid he just raised the standards for recieving it and i fell just over the limit and lost it.

many years ago i used to work for a big soda pop company, i worked my way through the warehouse to machine mechanic to having a route,,, this was in the worst enviroment and in my opinion it was worse than working as a roofer on the equater... For years i busted my back lifting distributing, merchandising ect ect to a point where it was just beating me and every other guy that had a route in a way where all of us were waiting for the next step,, being a salesman,,, i went through interview after interview and always got turned down even though my route grew by 5 times since i took over it,, I couldnt figure it out, i was a distribution monster, i even got trophies at the end of the year that would make anyone proud.... now im telling you this to tell you why i think i did not get the sales job... at the interview they gave they asked all the main questions, i answered them just as they should but one last question was asked that seamed out of place and it wasnt until years later i realize what i did wrong,,, the question they ask me and everyone else was,,, If you dont get this sales position will you still go on doing the job your doing now?,, and i always answered yes because i actually took pride in my accomplishments so it was the right answer from me,, but i believe it was the wrong answer for the interviewers, you see there really isnt anyone more qualified to fit into a sales job than the route guy that is there everyday and knows all the accounts. I was noticing that the guys that were gettng these sales jobs were the guys who's bodied were breaking down, either bad back, or just worn out,, that last question that was asked ment the company either had a good route person or an experience salesman. the learning curve had been waived because there basically the same job, the only difference is one kills his health the other pushes a pen to take orders and just talks to people,, the soda sold itself....

whats my point,,, i always took the easy way out by insuring that i had a job weather i was killing myself doing it or not,,, well,, im at the point in my life where my body is broke down, im almost gone so i have to answer that last question very different than im used to and see what happens.

the thing thats been bothering me the most is , all they had to say to me,, we will accept you just when you get a copy of the birth certficate send it in,,, it makes no sense why they would deny me with that being the only reason.. it dont make sense and im ready to go to this appeal and confront the panel and find out,, what do i have to loose?

BigJohn, Maybe it would be a good idea to have one of your daughters know how to sign in to MarbleConnection so that they can update us when you have your surgery.

Hope you managed to enjoy Christmas and that the New Year is a much better year for you!

Take care,

Marlene

Hi Big John,

Sorry to hear you are having such trouble with your health care. It's so frustrating, especially when you are ill, to be trying to navigate all the bureaucracy.

Just a suggestion - sometimes the local hospitals, nursing homes and/or home care providers can put you in touch with a health care ombudsman who can facilitate your paperwork and make sure you get all the benefits for which you are qualified.

I hope you get your problems resolved and that the New Year brings you better health and much happiness!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks stacy, apparently i dont qualify for anything, you have no idea what im going through and i dont wish it on even my worst enemy,,,

That said i have the appeal hearing set for the middle of this month,, one thing ive learned about this,,, when you first sign up, they do a phone interview with you at first to ask a bunch of questions and 2 of the questions would have gotten me coverage right away,,, the first question asked,, Do i see halucinations or dead people?,,, lololol, i actually answered this question no but i wish my blasted sister would show up to give me the powerball numbers,, she laughed,,,, second question asked,,, do you feel like or ever felt like committing suicide?,, again i answered that one,,, no,, told them i dont need to have that feeling because im in serious trouble enough to die otherwise,,, i am the only one that chuckled with that answer...,,,

maybe i should have answered them different,, lolololol,, also though of buying a rubber gun and walking into a bank,, not my style really,, lololol,, i just hope this appeal goes well, i really wished i knew an attorney because when i was first disabled back in 2001 i was actually on medicaid and 3 days away from having this hernia taken care of, pre op surgeon said it could be done no problem, then, i got a phone call stating that my coverage was cancelled, just before surg day, so i have suffered all this time with this and never could afford the insurance or cost of the operation, believe me ive tried just about everything just shy of starting my own web site with pics showing whats going on,really hate begging, you can, ask steph shes seen it, it aint good,,,Im not sure but should anyone have to suffer so long? thats a long time to go on without a normal life, i look back and wonder how my life would have been better had they just taken care of it back in 2001,,,, still shaking my head,,, very tired of being sick and tired,, i have to move forward somehow, love you guys,, big giant hug, (manly hugs to the guys),, lol

Thanks, long time,, missed u around here,,,, hey i went to local pharmacy today to pick up anti flu stuff,, mask, gloves,hand santizer, ect,,, i get up to the counter and the lady is blowing her nose checking out people, first thing i thought is oh crap, here we go, i went to other cashier she stated she had a cold as well,, double crap,,, i cant afford to get sick right now so ,, lolol, i rang my items through myself ,, lolol, swiped my credit card through told her to keep the receipt, got out in the van and doused everything with the hand sanitizer,, im trying like heck to not get this bug going around,, lololol, but as bad it is i dont think im gonna get around it,,,, crap,,,, lololol

Super news BJ! I hope you're taken care of quickly!

P.S. Look at Izzy's eyes! :cool-smileys-262:

man that makes me smile everytime i see it,, lololol, i told you dem eyes lit up in a flash,, looks cool,,, lololoololol, love it,,,,,

Thanks everyone, long long road i just hope it isnt to late,,,, bj

• 3 weeks later...

Folks I cant make this stuff up,, this is the exact reason why i didnt go straight away to the doctors after i won my last appeal,,,, you just cant make this up,,, whats a guy supposed to do now???,,,, im at a loss for words, i was waiting for a card they were supposed to send me after i won the last appeal,, now ive been disabled for the last 10 +yrs, and i got this notice that they denied me for a different reason,, lol, i for one have a big sense of humor but this is rediculiously not funny,, bout ready to give up at this point,,,, bj

BigJohn,

I am outraged for you, too! That is just horrible. Call them...Call them every single day until they get their "stuff" together. Or get an attorney. Get a county attorney or something. This is just NOT right. No one should have to go through all that you've gone through. This just makes me crazy what they are putting you through.

What if you just went in to Urgent Care or the emergency room again? And just make them help you.

BIG hug,

Marlene

Are you on Disability? If you are, then you should also be on Medicare (different from Medicaid), and your surgery should automatically be paid for. I don't understand why you are having these problems when you are obviously disabled.