Speaking of AV

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Ric said:

Those are great, Chad. I especially like the Joseph's Coat. It's always fun to find AV in less usual places.

Ric303.jpg

Yes !! especially when neither you nor the person you got it from knew until some time later. A very pleasant surprise. Icing on the cake.

My alleys are either plastered w/ av. or dusted, the first two look like someone just walked by and spilled a little in the air, the second two look like someone fell on them with a bucket of av.

111.PNG

130.PNG

28.PNG

27.PNG

I prefer happy medium, but am happy just to have some.

Ok, I have this one, and some questions about it: Isn't Aventurine supposed to sparkle like the Pelt above. This one has what looks like soot in it, very little, if any, sparkle. Yet I see similar mibs posted. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it doesn't sparkle like an ally spruce or a pelt zebra. Thanks

Bruce

patch green av.jpg

15 hours ago, bonniemarbles said:

I found it very hard to capture the AV in my Jabos, even in the sun, they have a lot more sparkles then I was able to photograph. Some of you got the shimmers really well, These are the only marbles I have with AV so far: I'm on the search for a AV loaded spruce- just love the frosted evergreen look.

#49.jpg

#49a.jpg

It appears you need a macro lens to bring your pix into focus Bonnie, if you are using your cell Jess just bought a really good clip on for her phone, the post is on "General marble glass chat" under "new macro lens " I hope this helps you out !!

Chad

On 11/29/2020 at 9:37 PM, Berryb said:

Ok, I have this one, and some questions about it: Isn't Aventurine supposed to sparkle like the Pelt above. This one has what looks like soot in it, very little, if any, sparkle. Yet I see similar mibs posted. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it doesn't sparkle like an ally spruce or a pelt zebra. Thanks

Bruce

patch green av.jpg

Yes it's black av. Bruce, like the blue and white Alley swirl I have pictured above, mostly black w/ some silver here and there. The mib you have is a very nice example of black av. Also comes in blue, silver, red, green and a few other variations, "from what I gather" the higher the temp the smaller and darker the av. particles become. I may be off a little but the av. in your mib is perfectly normal. Many of my Alleys have Black av. mixed with a little silver or green, I like the way it gives things in the marble an outline. Your marble isn't inferior but an excellent example of black av., a "keeper" Hopefully this helped you a little bit Bruce.

Chad