Thüringen Thursday

Steph

3 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

"Happy Thüringen Thursday"

image.png.6974bbb79db150ab5305ac4d5c662b89.png

image.png.98e239e20014900556719af9f3aeae7f.png

image.png.47bf9dc8464462c9fdf54049c29bf58e.png

Serious pontil grinding on the first two!

Very interesting double ribbon on the third with the ribbons showing up as unblended strands. I have a few like that and I'm sure that's a feature of later German handmades, contrasting with finely produced smooth ribbons of the earlier period.

17 minutes ago, crashbelt said:

Serious pontil grinding on the first two!

Very interesting double ribbon on the third with the ribbons showing up as unblended strands. I have a few like that and I'm sure that's a feature of later German handmades, contrasting with finely produced smooth ribbons of the earlier period.

The first two are pee-wee, the pontils appear unfinished, I don't see any evidence of grinding ?? Agree, they all  three look like Later Victorian era production Germans to me also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

The first two are pee-wee, the pontils appear unfinished, I don't see any evidence of grinding ?? Agree, they all  three look like Later Victorian era production Germans to me also.

Apologies - you are correct to call them unfinished, they are not ground. My mistake!!

And we're agreed that they appear to be later period Germans.

1 minute ago, crashbelt said:

Apologies - you are correct to call them unfinished, they are not ground. My mistake!!

And we're agreed that they appear to be later period Germans.

Apologies not necessary David, I do it all the time, yes I agree, later production Germans.

• Like 1

Here is a “Banded Opaque” at 13/16”. 
I have a lot of books and I had to go back in time to find a name for this one, Grist 1992.
If there is another name for this one feel free to say so, live and learn!
Marble—On!!

1 final.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

I don’t know what the ID is on this one. 

I had the books out, so what the heck. All that I can come up with is"Solid Core".

More opinions are needed and respected of course.

Nice marble for sure what ever it may be called.

Marble--On!!

1 hour ago, Fire1981 said:

I don’t know what the ID is on this one. 

744EC494-F877-48F5-9930-0B17E676505D.jpeg

DA7A2DB7-C321-46CF-8FE4-B685BA46EB54.jpeg

3BA4ADC0-1039-4CB8-8A51-CF3BFF509BD7.jpeg

6655AD9F-7E8D-4D0D-BE32-7FA95535DEDF.jpeg

DE2A9F56-206F-4047-9502-DFC4377555EF.jpeg

51554EA2-1982-4EC5-BF7E-C5AC42E08F8E.jpeg

My guess is that it was intended as a naked solid core. But solid cores aren't actually solid but are tight 360 degree ribbons with no gaps so appear solid. Sometimes the core doesn't meet up all round so it unintentionally looks like a kind of ribbon core.

I think that's what I remember reading somewhere and I have several like this. Unusual colours!

I'm happy to be corrected on this though!!

6 minutes ago, crashbelt said:

My guess is that it was intended as a naked solid core. But solid cores aren't actually solid but are tight 360 degree ribbons with no gaps so appear solid. Sometimes the core doesn't meet up all round so it unintentionally looks like a kind of ribbon core.

I think that's what I remember reading somewhere and I have several like this. Unusual colours!

I'm happy to be corrected on this though!!

Looks like a "mistake" to me as well, I agree w/ David, probably supposed to be a "naked solid core" (nice "brownish" jelly ribbon thrown into the mix to confuse even further)   image.png.ac6f36b521c5913e7a6877a7be08fba3.png