Thüringen Thursday

Steph

I thought it would be fun to continue with micas from last week. So I gathered up the different colours I could think of from my boards and elsewhere, using Paul Baumann's great book as a reference.20220317_093558.thumb.jpeg.548f9e223dbf81ba39da9fd4150331fd.jpeg

So here set on a Victorian pine Spin Jenny board are random sizes of micas - some photograph better than others unfortunately.

There's blue, clear, aqua, blue/green, brown, yellow, turquoise, purple, amethyst, green, yellow, amber and of course my only red one. First time I ever put the different colours together and a lot of fun.

It would be cool if fellow mica collectors post colours I'm missing - I saw a light pink one once on an auction site!!

• Like 2
  • Award 2

1 hour ago, crashbelt said:

I thought it would be fun to continue with micas . . .

Very nice group! I have a similar board and always wondered what it was, so thanks for putting a name to it.

I hope we get to see some more colors of micas but I think it'll be a challenge since you seem to have the bases pretty well covered!

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Very nice group! I have a similar board and always wondered what it was, so thanks for putting a name to it.

I hope we get to see some more colors of micas but I think it'll be a challenge since you seem to have the bases pretty well covered!

Thanks.

The Spin Jenny had a small wooden spinning top which was spun on the concave base of the board between the numbers, I think to knock marbles into the holes to score points. Pretty random game I guess - the top and marbles on mine were long gone!

22 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

This Brawler is my Heavyweight Champion.  This guy is 2 and 5/8ths. 👊

A jumbo, no doubt. You should put it in a glass of water and take a couple of more pics.

6 hours ago, Ric said:

Really great marbles, Bill. But who you trying to fool? You know those aren't Germans!

You also know I want them ALL.

showin off ...... ya never know ric .... :tv-062:

• Haha 1

"Happy Thüringen Thursday"

@ just under 7/16ths, well below the 1/2" mark, the smallest mica I have.

image.png.b507386a8ea20cae3692d8cd72fd1073.png

• Like 3

Here's a nice old mahogany Jaques board which I filled with faceted early swirls. So not an original set, but some nice early swirls which needed a home to display.

Including three 'naked' ribbon cores - not prime examples with their roll lines and one with an air bubble in there but I like them!!

20220323_144547.thumb.jpeg.5dc5504e1ae189580c341104f685fcc9.jpeg

20220323_144316.thumb.jpeg.d561d50b644fa3ea4a3a5675eeb5f66d.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Award 1

1 hour ago, crashbelt said:

Here's a nice old mahogany Jaques board which I filled with faceted early swirls. So not an original set, but some nice early swirls which needed a home to display.

Including three 'naked' ribbon cores - not prime examples with their roll lines and one with an air bubble in there but I like them!!

20220323_144547.thumb.jpeg.5dc5504e1ae189580c341104f685fcc9.jpeg

20220323_144316.thumb.jpeg.d561d50b644fa3ea4a3a5675eeb5f66d.jpeg

So pretty!