Thüringen Thursday

Steph

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

OK, it has seen its better days—what is it? 9/16”
Marble—On!!

Strange 1.jpg

Strange 2.jpg

That’s awesome, looks like a ribbon, yet it has the mottled blue glass like an onionskin in the center and no close to surface bands right? Looks like 2 pontils as well. Whatever it is regardless what kind of day she’s  having still a looker!  

• Award 1

16 hours ago, wvrons said:

Put it in a clear glass of water.

7 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

...And take a picture.  It'll help to temporarily reveal the interior detail

20 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Some form  of a Naked Razor Ribbon ?? Not positive, never seen one quite like it !! Nice save Art !!

OK folks, 
There was enough interest in this one to make me brave the cold and take it into the sunlight regardless of my eye problems as of late. I had to trust the camera as I was wearing sunglasses. No adjustments, this is what the camera saw with no flash.
Water produced too many bubbles, I have seen this before—it had some sort of finish on it. This one is taken under Lacquer thinner (I am a bit woozy, that stuff really evaporates in the cold) in an eye cup, from the top. Both ends are shown, this is my best. Thanks for the image tips--I think that it worked quite well.
Thanks, and
Marble—On!!

21 hours ago, Gladys said:

This is just lovely♥ beautiful!!!

Revisit one.jpg

Revisit two.jpg

• Like 3
  • Award 1

2 minutes ago, akroorka said:

OK folks, 
There was enough interest in this one to make me brave the cold and take it into the sunlight regardless of my eye problems as of late. I had to trust the camera as I was wearing sunglasses. No adjustments, this is what the camera saw with no flash.
Water produced too many bubbles, I have seen this before—it had some sort of finish on it. This one is taken under Lacquer thinner (I am a bit woozy, that stuff really evaporates in the cold) in an eye cup, from the top. Both ends are shown, this is my best. Thanks for the image tips--I think that it worked quite well.
Thanks, and
Marble—On!!

Revisit one.jpg

Revisit two.jpg

That looks great, Art - beautiful marble!

• Award 1

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

OK folks, 
Thanks, and
Marble—On!!

Revisit one.jpg

Revisit two.jpg

Gorgeous!! the you for braving the cold ,hope your eyes are ok! amazing marble♥

• Award 1

21 hours ago, akroorka said:

OK folks, 
Thanks, and
Marble—On!!

Revisit one.jpg

Revisit two.jpg

Wow that's a very rare bird - ribbon onionskin I think. So beautiful its tempting to polish it because its core is so obscured, although I'm usually in the 'leave it be' camp.

• Award 1

On 2/25/2022 at 1:24 PM, akroorka said:

OK folks, 
Thanks, and
Marble—On!!

Revisit one.jpg

Revisit two.jpg

Very wild looking Art ,yes i would encase it in lucite 

"Happy Thüringen Thursday"

Top shelf in the big curio

image.thumb.png.f0c92643da70c8f5cb429c8a0121a633.png

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Chad G. said:

"Happy Thüringen Thursday"

Top shelf in the big curio

image.thumb.png.f0c92643da70c8f5cb429c8a0121a633.png

Great shelf full of Germans Chad - just beautiful.

• Award 1

3 hours ago, crashbelt said:

A rest from the solitaire boards this Thursday. A nice box of 70 unglazed lined chinas (11-12mm) and a larger painted rose china.

Very nice. The rose china is interesting - a little different than others I've seen.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Just a couple of colorful Benningtons, with a contemporary knock-off for comparison.

Ric908.jpg.79327b9efabb9eb2466ad10ec4fe5138.jpg

Be careful out there!

Nice colourful Bennies - didn't realise anyone was making knock-offs!

I'm not sure about your half and half. I have blue and brown Bennies but the colours are more patchily distributed rather than two fairly distinct 'hemispheres' and I can't see any characteristic 'eyes'.

But I'm no expert on Benningtons so maybe disregard my thoughts!

1 hour ago, crashbelt said:

I'm not sure about your half and half. I have blue and brown Bennies but the colours are more patchily distributed rather than two fairly distinct 'hemispheres' and I can't see any characteristic 'eyes'.

I appreciate the comments. I am not convinced it's a Bennington or even German. All I know is that I haven't seen too many like it - maybe one or two, and nobody else seems to know much about them either, so I'm not sure what to think about it.