We lost Scott Patrick

Steph

Scott's wife said he passed away in the night.

How to describe Scott to anyone who didn't know him?  Is it possible?  A glass artist who wasn't afraid to rock the boat. I'm glad we eventually became friends.  

I knew he had health issues and still it's a shock.  

Prayers and condolences to all his family and friends.  

• Sad 1
  • Care 1

I knew Scott for many years and I extend my most sincere condolences to those who loved him. Scott was an exceptionally skilled marble maker with a larger-than-life personality, a mischievous nature, and a reputation to match. In my experience, he was a kind and empathetic person, and I always looked forward to spending time with him when I could. No doubt, I will miss seeing him around the shows.

RIP my friend.

RIP Scott; you will never be forgotten.  This is when "mortuis nihil nisi bonum"   should be kept in mind.  Scott and I go back a long way - from Ronnie Cox (also RIP) and Leighton oxbloods "that were retrieved from a fire" to Akros with applied oxblood (including one that spells "&^*** You Hansel"  to German sulphides with layered colored glass or multiple figures, to repro tournament medals and Scott's own distinctive flameworked multicolored swirls which were always in demand and could always be resold for a profit.  Anyone who eventually got over his initial gruffness found Scott a kind, knowledgeable and friendly person.  I will miss him. 

• Like 1

Scott was a character. He came up and played in my glass shop several times. He had been dealing with health issues for years. I always told Scott that he was a walking miracle. Glad I was able to talk with him a several weeks ago before he passed. RIP bud.

• Like 1

My condolences to his family. He did upset many boats. He could work with glass. He confused new and seasoned collectors. I identified one of his applied oxblood Popeyes for a many years collector, at the recent Fort Wayne IN show.  

RIP Scott

One of his oxblood Popeyes that I have had for years. Applied on a hybrid Popeye. I have been offered hundreds of dollars for it many times. But no one will buy it from me. 

DSC05979.JPG.f0c4a044df924cf3656961b1edfe6f9f.JPGDSC05980.JPG.640c795b53ef856e0efd98b4e56e29ec.JPGDSC05978.JPG.55258657a402b4ac8af7de3eef5ec38c.JPGDSC05981.JPG.2fd67a76a0c13dd0859e0aa622e6854d.JPG

• Like 2
  • Award 1

8 minutes ago, wvrons said:

My condolences to his family. He did upset many boats. He could work with glass. He confused new and seasoned collectors. I identified one of his applied oxblood Popeyes for a many years collector, at the recent Fort Wayne IN show.  

RIP Scott

One of his oxblood Popeyes that I have had for years. Applied on a hybrid Popeye. I have been offered hundreds of dollars for it many times. But no one will buy it from me. 

DSC05979.JPG.f0c4a044df924cf3656961b1edfe6f9f.JPGDSC05980.JPG.640c795b53ef856e0efd98b4e56e29ec.JPGDSC05978.JPG.55258657a402b4ac8af7de3eef5ec38c.JPGDSC05981.JPG.2fd67a76a0c13dd0859e0aa622e6854d.JPG

What a beautiful marble. It reminds of an ocean wave and a surf board!

I didn't know the man or deal with him (I'm a newbie here), but my sincere condolences to his family and friends. 

I never met the man but I am sad at hearing about his passing. 
Here are a few of his marbles in his honor. 
The first one was the most fun that I ever had at a show. I knew that it was not a Pelt or a Vacor but I just had to know. “Not a Pelt” was repeated many times by many collectors, some even said that is a weird Pelt Superman— until one fellow collector said—you know what?—I think this is a Scott Patrick marble. 
I researched his marbles for quite awhile after that event and of course I had to get a few more.
What a Rascal he was and it was quite evident that he loved being so and quite evident after some extensive research what he loved to do---be a Rascal, my heart goes out to those who knew him and loved him as well.
Marble—On!!

SP final 1.jpg

SP final 2.jpg

SP final 3.jpg

• Like 1

Still no sun to speak of but I won't wait any longer.  Picture came out pretty well in spite of the clouds. Lutz on two. Mica on one.   I uploaded a big pic, so if  you click enough times on it you can get some good detail.  

ScottPatrick.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...