image.png.0c10c80542170a973dc2c02fe2425d0e.png           "Happy Peltier Tuesday"

A little early tonight, figured I'd get er rollin for any late nighters. Here's a Pelt Bronze Zebra w/ bronze, silver & green av.  Not heavy ribbons but the entire surface of the mib is covered in av. Sometimes taking a close look really pays of, I was missing some really beautiful aventurine until I took the loupe to this one, I have bad eyes anyway so I could barely see the av. w/ my naked eyes. I thought it was just a dirty mib at first !! I posted these a while back but we have quite a few new board members so I thought it was maybe worth a second look ?? Believe it or not I took these w/ my Sony Handycam, after many retakes I finally managed to capture what I was looking at.

image.png.65342a2f9c0cbc820ab98fd14ab8de38.png

image.thumb.png.23783a18cab99ad1dce98bcaf1484b7c.png

image.thumb.png.6eb85876c2593b4bdd9d2cddc98f96f8.png

image.thumb.png.b25da5345718d3dc472e4612306bd03b.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chad G. said:

image.png.0c10c80542170a973dc2c02fe2425d0e.png           "Happy Peltier Tuesday"

A little early tonight, figured I'd get er rollin for any late nighters. Here's a Pelt Bronze Zebra w/ bronze, silver & green av.  Not heavy ribbons but the entire surface of the mib is covered in av. Sometimes taking a close look really pays of, I was missing some really beautiful aventurine until I took the loupe to this one, I have bad eyes anyway so I could barely see the av. w/ my naked eyes. I thought it was just a dirty mib at first !! I posted these a while back but we have quite a few new board members so I thought it was maybe worth a second look ?? Believe it or not I took these w/ my Sony Handycam, after many retakes I finally managed to capture what I was looking at.

image.png.65342a2f9c0cbc820ab98fd14ab8de38.png

image.thumb.png.23783a18cab99ad1dce98bcaf1484b7c.png

image.thumb.png.6eb85876c2593b4bdd9d2cddc98f96f8.png

image.thumb.png.b25da5345718d3dc472e4612306bd03b.png

pelts and av.   .. always good together ...... nice chad .... bill

• Award 1

46 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Three favorites, although the K&M has a perfect helmet construction. Could be an imposter.

7/8”, 13/16”, and 5/8”

7F85283B-C09C-4687-A8AC-59610803AC9F.jpeg

F004E1C6-E7D0-467C-B38C-13A4A1D6BC51.jpeg

I think it's pelt Brad, is the other seam on the K & M straight or wavy ??

6 hours ago, akroorka said:

No AV means "Red Bee"--am I right?

I found this one in amongst my MK's while looking for one to post yesterday. They can fool you for sure.

redbee.jpg

Yes, correct, Red Bee= no av. Ruby Bee = av. in the red ribbons, most of the time in Ruby Bee's the av. is slight or very fine so a close look w/ the loupe aught a wrap it up. Man what a borderline case, I'd say MK for sure if it weren't for a slight lazy "S" seam in the first pic. Still it does appear to have a patch and ribbon like MK, especially the second pic ?? I'm a might on the fence on this example !!

• Award 1

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

Hmmmm--a bit slow for a Peltier Tuesday--lets light it up. The high ends are great-- but lets try this "common".

1" and as wet as it it gets.

Show us some more

as wet as they get.jpg

The good thing about Rainbos. "Endless" I'll try & whip up a bunch of Rainbo pix for next Tuesday.  Here are a few old pix, some are rehash that's why I have to take a new bunch.

x1.PNG

x2.PNG

x3.PNG

x4.PNG

x5.PNG

x6.PNG

DSC02877.JPG

DSC02878.JPG

260.JPG

267.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Yes, correct, Red Bee= no av. Ruby Bee = av. in the red ribbons, most of the time in Ruby Bee's the av. is slight or very fine so a close look w/ the loupe aught a wrap it up. Man what a borderline case, I'd say MK for sure if it weren't for a slight lazy "S" seam in the first pic. Still it does appear to have a patch and ribbon like MK, especially the second pic ?? I'm a might on the fence on this example !!

I was on the fence for about 15 years I figure-I just jumped to the other side today. I may jump back to the other side 15 years from now---I love this stuff.

Marble--On!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, schmoozer said:

Both seams are shown, identical.

Wow !! Never seen one like it ??  It does have Vitro or is it MK construction ?? a definite keeper for me either way, doesn't matter what it is !! Maybe I just need some sleep ??

22 hours ago, akroorka said:

No AV means "Red Bee"--am I right?

I found this one in amongst my MK's while looking for one to post yesterday. They can fool you for sure.

redbee.jpg

I would have thought this was a Marble King. Sometimes I think I'm finally "getting it" and then I start questioning what I thought I knew. What gives it away that this is a Peltier and not an MK? (Sorry, dumb question. Hoping to get smarter. LOL!)

Well, this one is still a tough one.

The thing that made me do some more research is the presence of two “pull” seams which I have highlighted. These “pulls” or stretches are often seen in Peltiers. Probably just stretches of glass that got rounded into the orb.

I did some research and found some “red Bees” that looked awfully close in construction and depth to mine.

That being said—it may very well be a Marble-King. They can be very close to each other sometimes. I was probably smarter back when I sorted it into my MK stash, I prefer to think not.🤪

Sometimes you just have to call them like you see them. In-hand is always an advantage over a posted image.

Still a nice example of either maker.

Marble—On!!!

redbee2.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

The thing that made me do some more research is the presence of two “pull” seams which I have highlighted. These “pulls” or stretches are often seen in Peltiers. Probably just stretches of glass that got rounded into the orb.

I did some research and found some “red Bees” that looked awfully close in construction and depth to mine.

That being said—it may very well be a Marble-King. They can be very close to each other sometimes. I was probably smarter back when I sorted it into my MK stash, I prefer to think not.🤪

Sometimes you just have to call them like you see them. In-hand is always an advantage over a posted image.

Marble—On!!!

redbee2.jpg

Pelt beauty/MK beauty♥ either way! thank you for sharing good info!

• Award 1

4 hours ago, akroorka said:

Marble—On!!!

redbee2.jpg

Thanks for the highlights! So I’m not going too crazy if I go back and forth on whether something is Pelt or MK. Phew! 

9 hours ago, akroorka said:

That is the end game---trying not to be too crazy---a hard task when it comes to marbles:dunno:

Marble--On!!!

It's just another trait that Marbleaholics have to contend with when struggling with their affliction...always nice too have our great counselors save the day! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Award 1