Hi All we lost Art yesterday he will be missed a lot .

mmuehlba

Hi All we lost Art yesterday he will be missed a lot . I will post more info as it comes out . First met Art in the very early years of collecting and then when the Badger Marble club started well Art was so involved I could go on and on about stories but the one that I think about very often is as we were talking about marbles it took us 15 minutes to see we missed our turn . Miss you Art . Mike

Mibsters- We lost Art today, Saturday, March 23, at 11:52 am. I have no details on the visitation or funeral. Please check web for details. Hartford Times Press or I will send when I get the information.

Kathy, Art's daughter, thanks us all for the friendship for the last 15 yrs. It meant a lot to Art.

Address for cards: 81 S. Main St., Hartford, Wi. 53027

Sincerely,

Jim

SArtJones3.jpg

SArtJones2.jpg

SArtJones4.jpg

SArtJones1.jpg

I will miss him,as many others will.

He was alway fun to talk with,joke with,and an all around nice guy.

Dont cry because of his passing,we all will follow the path some day.

Let the tears fly,because you will miss him.---I know I am.

My condolances to all his family and friends,,,,Rest in peace,buddy,,,,,

At BJ's suggestion, I moved this section of posts to their own thread. Mike, since you didn't get to make a title, if you PM me to let me know how you would like it to read, I can change that.

Best wishes to Art's family.

I'm at a total loss for words that could describe how I feel about Art's loss right now. The Badger Marble Club lost a member who contributed much towards the yearly show, the meetings, and his dedication to teaching new collectors how to identify marbles. My sincere codolences go out to his family and to Bill Bass who has lost a very close friend.

Bob

post-1550-0-17046700-1332712977_thumb.jp

I will be dedicating our spring marble show here in Decatur Illinois to Art Jones and Marblealan and will keep a table set aside in memory of them. It saddens us to loose these two great men. They have been two major players who added to the collecting world of marbles, they will be missed. Chuck G--

Cackid ,God bless Art,he will be missed by us all.The decatur show won,t be the same without him.If there ever was a nicer man than art,i,ve yet to meet him.Marble people are the nicest people I have ever met,and art was good people,good bye Art.We will talk mibs again in heaven someday.

I know I've met Art. But, I didn't know him well... I'm so sorry we've lost another great collector... My heart goes out to his family and all who loved him.

That big marble show in the sky just keeps getting better and better!!

In Memory Of Arthur P. Jones

Biography

Arthur Paul Jones passed away peacefully, surrounded by his children, on March 24, 2012 at the age of 78 years. He was born in East Orange, New Jersey on December 21, 1933 and he was the only child of Johnson and Mildred (nee Harford) Jones. He graduated from Union High School in New Jersey in 1951 and from Roosevelt University in Chicago Illinois with a BSBA Major in Personnel Administration in 1963. Arthur served in the Army during the Korean War and was honorably discharged in 1955. He married the love of his life, Mary (Wurster) on September 3, 1955. Together they had five children.

Arthur worked at Bell and Howell as a Human Resource manager before transferring to Hartford, Wisconsin to work as Micro Design’s Human Resource Director. He and his wife opened the Jordan House Bed and Breakfast in 1987. During this time he also worked as the Director of Weatherization commission for the City of Hartford until his retirement.

While living in Wisconsin, he was an avid collector of antiques. For the past 20 years, he was an enthusiastic and passionate collector of marbles, traveling around the United States to attend marble shows and conventions. Arthur was a founding member of the Badger Marble Club of Wisconsin.

Arthur was well known and respected for his honesty, integrity and sound advice. He will be long remembered for his captivating stories and wonderfully colorful sense of humor. He will be loved and remembered fondly for these qualities.

Arthur was preceded in death by his son, Michael who passed on January 29, 1978 and his wife Mary, who passed on April 30, 1992.

He is survived by his children David (Anne) Jones, Kathy (Mark) Buchanan, Mary (Brian) Grensavitch and Steven Jones; his Grandchildren Michelle, Dustin, Matthew, Mark Allen, Nicole, Kyle and Derek. Arthur is also survived by his closest cousin Jack (Carmella) Crane.

Arthur is further survived by dear friends George and Judy Peterson, Bill and Vicki Bass and fellow marble collectors who have truly enriched his life over the past 20 years.

He is survived further still by his three and four legged relatives Sandy, Honey, Cocoa and Rae.

Reminiscing and sharing stories of Art’s life will be with family and friends Friday from 5:30 -7:30 PM at the Berndt-Ledesma Funeral Home in Hartford.

Special thanks to Dr. Eric Weber and his nurse Sandy for their dedicated care over the years. Also a special thanks to the Hartford Hospital Nursing Staff and VNA for their care and compassion.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Golden Retriever Rescue Organization of Wisconsin. For more information on how to donate, please visit www.grrow.org. The Berndt-Ledesma Funeral Home-Hartford is serving the family.

http://www.berndt-le...ser=599400Jones

Rest in peace

Jim can you please e-mail the photos you have of Art to my e-mail address. It is charlesm_garrett_985comcast.net. We are dedicating the show here to Art Jones and Alan Basinet and i need the photos to get them transfered over for my dedication. Thank you Chuck G--