3 Nice Ones

orbboy

I also now remember that some time ago a European board member (don't remember who) said he found more sparklers in France than anywhere else, by a lot.

Interesting box!

I've never seen Erropean sparklers in original packaging either. Does anybody have any more?

About the Sparklers,i'm not sure where they have been made,my feeling is that they have been made in France.

I have not seen them in original packaging marked Germany.

I've seen them in French packaging.

monickbox2_zps7a674a4e.jpg

And I found the piece I was looking for (thought I'd saved it somewhere):

What I do know, is that the German transperants, and -opaques, ( slags as some of you call them) where made in Lauscha, because that's the reassson you can find them in the museum there. These marbles were one of the first machine mades in Thüringen. About the German sparklers, I think that name is totaly wrong, should be European Sparklers. I only found a few of my collection in Germany, while I was there, the rest of it, I've found in France, every summer we have holliday in France and of course I did my homework there. For me it is 100% sure that the European Sparklers were also made in France, and I think most of them. In the south-east of France, there is an area, that's looks very much like the area around Lauscha Thüringen, also this area is famous about it's glassworks, for example the presse papiers were made there. The sparklers must have been made, in, or close to the village of Biot, in the middle of that area.

More then ones, this was told me by an antiqairian.

Cees.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

This info is great 👍👍. Gotta get me some Amsterdam swirls 🤞

Find the pix of Veiligglas flames, just type Veiligglas into the search "some killer lookin mibs" hard to find not beat & with the killer flame pull pattern, There is an outstanding post from last year I can't put my finger on it right now, you found this you'll find it. There's 2 15/16ths killerv Veiligglas pulls on Ebay right now I just looked at tonight, both green & white.