Please Post Examples Of Cac Exotics

Moderator note: Continued from https://marbleconnection.com/topic/20437-please-post-examples-of-cac-exotics  :thup:  

On 3/23/2015 at 6:34 PM, wvrons said:

I am inspired !

I have heard lots of different stories every year since these were first sold by a select few and most sold to a select few. You almost needed a invitation to see them for sale. They sure looked nice then and now. I admit that i have a few but not from the original dealers back in the day. I talked with and knew some of the original dealers but nobody that made the actual or original find. I have no proof or seen any proof either way just hearsay and some interesting stories.

But i am always willing to listen to another story. I don't think the horse is dead yet. I have plenty of popcorn.

There was a cache found?!?! Ohhhhh I’m getting out the snacks. Fill this lil Canadian in. I just came here to search about some possible CACs’ in my box. 

Omg 😲 I just reread my comment lmao that last bit is too funny to erase

Edited by Steph
New thread for a new generation :)
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Al Oregon said:

Couple old pic - marbles by kokoken pic by Bill Tow and marboman marbles & pic.

CA Exotics (Kokoken - pic by Bill Tow).jpg

CA Exotics (marboman pic but not his 8-11).jpgchristensen agate .... bill

al ..... al ... those MUST be mine ... :tv-062: .... what a wish list there. can u imagine what c.a." would look like IF ... they had lasted longer. truly a premier marble maker ... thank you ..

• Like 2

These CAC cullet marbles are some of the best cullet that I own.

They have helped me to the max because the colors are hard to determine until you have them in hand. I have been able to make many questionable ID’s fact because of these in my hand.

The top two are my most recent helpers and I will post a later image or to two show you all.

CA Exotics were and always will be out of my realm, cost-wise . I have sold a few because they were not in my realm, or out of my league of collecting.

I have read a post in the last 20-25 years of one collector that had bucketfuls of “Exotics”. I think that it was Les Jones (RIP)

The Ca’s that I own are all “out of the wild”, thanks in no small part to this “cullet” along with the rest of the smaller pieces that are not shown.

I consider all CA marbles to be rare---period.

Marble—On!!!

CAC cullet.JPG

• Like 1
  • Award 1

bunch of chips i dug ... with permission ... bill ..................... lol ... found more pics of that day. the .. golden ground ... of christensen agate. outstanding day for us. altho they wouldn't let us bring in a backhoe .............. :wave2:

chrissy 007.JPG

chrissy 009.JPG

chrissy 010.JPG

chrissy 008.JPG

chrissy time 005.JPG

chrissy time 006.JPG

chrissy time 001.JPG

chrissy time 014.JPG

chrissy time 008.JPG

chrissy time 009.JPG

• Like 1

I've seen some pretty killer marbles ground made from a solid piece of cullet (not torched or remelt's)  Not much to go around as even the price of many of the nicer flame type cullet pieces has been fetching a very decent price. I'll see if I can find pix of a few to share. (notta) A very nice piece of cullet, 1.75 x 1.75 x 1.75 almost perfect sized to make a cullet marble from, or great just the way it is, pieces of cullet like this are VVHTF & getting up there in $$.  I've sold,  traded and gifted all my Christensen away except for 2 mibs. A Pelt Head at heart so you know where the money went & what I traded for, a few Alley's snuck their way in there too  :)

clt CHR.PNG

CRS CLT.PNG

Guess I better post a few pix, not mine, a few pix of a nice clean submarine a friend of mine Terry sold a few years back. This is a larger sized one @ 21/32nds"

image.thumb.png.74c05e0659c3da754fa9c6f5a70129d3.png

image.png.c5047c0a6f41df28151e9b4a2c02ffc4.png

image.png.f8ca8e80d42987005a0ccad4c46dc92a.png

6 hours ago, Chad G. said:

I've seen some pretty killer marbles ground made from a solid piece of cullet (not torched or remelt's)  Not much to go around as even the price of many of the nicer flame type cullet pieces has been fetching a very decent price. I'll see if I can find pix of a few to share. (notta) A very nice piece of cullet, 1.75 x 1.75 x 1.75 almost perfect sized to make a cullet marble from, or great just the way it is, pieces of cullet like this are VVHTF & getting up there in $$.  I've sold,  traded and gifted all my Christensen away except for 2 mibs. A Pelt Head at heart so you know where the money went & what I traded for, a few Alley's snuck their way in there too  :)

clt CHR.PNG

CRS CLT.PNG

Guess I better post a few pix, not mine, a few pix of a nice clean submarine a friend of mine Terry sold a few years back. This is a larger sized one @ 21/32nds"

image.thumb.png.74c05e0659c3da754fa9c6f5a70129d3.png

image.png.c5047c0a6f41df28151e9b4a2c02ffc4.png

image.png.f8ca8e80d42987005a0ccad4c46dc92a.png

"We all live in a Peltier Submarine" ....the song just popped into my head while checking this out. If I could live in one, definitely this one versus a Yellow one! 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Berryb said:

I have some CACs, some suspected CACs, and some CAC wannabes, none of which can hold a candle to the stuff above. Here are some of mine anyway. Thanks

Bruce

I still can't figure out why some load upside down.

cac flame1.jpg

cac flame2.jpg

cac swirl3.jpg

cacs.jpg

Nice ones, Bruce 👍